A&A Journal and EDP Sciences launch Writing Studio to support their authors (March 2016)
Astronomy and Astrophysics (A&A) Journal and EDP Sciences are pleased to announce the launch of Writing Studio, a unique collaborative writing LaTex solution designed to simplify the process of writing an article collaboratively on a single version of a paper. Reinforcing an open-source strategy, EDP Sciences has chosen the Open Source ShareLateX to develop this new service.
Writing Studio provides:
- A collaborative LaTeX solution: Multiple co-authors can jointly work on a single version of the paper with up-to-date A&A macros already included.
- Direct communication between co-authors: Co-authors can ask each other questions and can chat for real-time interactions.
- Dropbox integration: Articles can be edited offline and automatically synchronized with the Dropbox online copy.
- Ease of submission (coming soon): Article will be uploaded to the A&A submission system with a single click, with key fields pre-filled ready for checking.
- Easier links to astronomical objects: Authors get auto-completion for stellar objects and additional information using tools developed with the CDS.
- ORCID integration: Authors login to Writing Studio and are recognized by their ORCID iD.
The next step is to link Writing Studio with all the EDP Sciences journals and their submission systems and integrate this tool in a comprehensive LaTeX dedicated workflow, from the writing of an article through to its online publication.
Login to the Writing Studio using your ORCID iD.
Read Press Release for more information